Monday 21 May 2012

Just Giving

Dear blogees, here is a quick, unsolicited and unapologetic plea for your support. 
My daughter Kathleen, who abandoned us last year, to live in the wilds of East Anglia with the man in her life, has become a runner.
Yes, crazy I know, but as Tony Soprano would say, "whaddya gonna do?"
So here's the thing - she is running in the Edinburgh Half Marathon on 27 May and has committed to raising three hundred pounds for her charity of choice, Cancer Research UK.  This is a topic near and dear to us, as I'm sure it is to many of you.  To date she has raised 45% of her target. 
Can you help her get there?  All you have to do is go to her website at www.justgiving.com/Kathleen-Williamson . A small donation from each of you will do the trick.
Since I started this blog lark, I have been amazed by the response.  As I write this, I see I have had 1,100 people view my blog, and this includes readers in Australia, UK, USA, Brazil, Russia and many other places.  I'm as surprised as anyone by the interest and I'm going to keep doing it until someone says, "enough!"
Now I'm going to ask you to take a moment, click on her site, and kick in a few dollars, pounds, reals, rubles or euros.  She'll do the running for us - all we have to do is click the mouse a few times and she's there.
Thanks for this folks, I know you will help - normal service will resume as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment